Updated: Apr 1, 2019
When vacationers think of Whistler, they usually think of lots of snow, hot chocolate, cozying up by a fireplace and amazing skiing. All of this is true, but Whistler is a YEAR ROUND vacation spot, where there are many summer activities to enjoy! Read on to take a look at Nestaide’s TOP 10 things to do in Whistler in Summertime!
1. Ziplining with Ziptrek Eco Tours - A year-round operation, Ziptrek Ecotours is the North American pioneer of zipline tours. Soar between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Whistler’s most popular zipline adventure. A total of 11 ziplines are joined by suspension bridges and platforms over 150’ high in the tree canopy
2. Scandinave Spa - Experience an authentic Scandinavian Spa in Whistler! Situated just a few minutes North of Whistler Village. No reservations required, baths are open from 10am-9pm daily. Bath access is for $79.
3. Whistler Helicopter Tour - Experience Whistler for a 24 minute tour and a free 15 minute Glacier landing. This tour gives you an extraordinary bird's eye view of the Whistler Resort, Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, and the magnificent beauty of the Cheakamus Glacier and Black Tusk, prior to landing and stepping out onto a 12,000 year old glacier on Rainbow Mountain. Amazing Experience year round! TIP: Don’t leave ituntil the last day of your week long vacation to schedule, as sometimes tours do get cancelled and rescheduled due to high winds and adverse weather conditions.
4. Electrical Bike Tour- Electric bikes are a new, alternative and environmentally friendly form of transportation around Whistler, eBikes provide all the advantages of a regular bicycle, but with the ability to pedal up the hills as comfortably as riding down – that’s what the ebike experience is all about. Meet in front of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler and go on the “Lakes” Tour... see all the wonderful scenery that Whistler has to offer!
5. Nicklaus North Golf Course- This is the setting that inspired the great Jack Nicklaus to create a golf course as unique as himself. This par 71, 18-hole course winds along a gentle valley floor offering you a spectacular setting as your golfing skills are tested to the fullest. A nice place to stay after a day long golf play is also a bonus! Book at Nick North's neighbourhood’s best home LUXURY 3BR Home: Private Patio with Hot Tub & BBQ
6. Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre - a Museum in Whistler showcasing the living cultures of the Squamish and Lil’wat First Nations. Meet with Squamish and Lil’wat people; experience culture through exhibits, art, food, language, interactive activities and engaging performances, in our traditional territory, in a magnificent forest and mountain setting.
7. Whistler Blackcomb's New Suspension Bridge - The suspension bridge is on the peak of whistler mountain. the view is AWESOME. Can get very crowded in the summer so go early, but pretty impressive.
8.Peak 2 Peak Gondola - offers the most accessible and awe- inspiring scenic experience in all of Canada’s Coast Mountains. Suspended a record 436 metres above the valley floor, the Gondola transports guests over the 4.4km span between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains year-round. Don’t forget your camera!
9. World-Class Fishing- If you love fishing or have always wanted to learn, Whistler is a fantastic place to do it. There are many rivers and lakes to fish on, and the abundance of fish make the experience fun and exciting . You can be guided by professionals at Trout Country Fishing Guides
10. Bear Viewing -Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain are home to more than 60 black bears and cubs. On a tour, you can visit bear dens, alpine meadows and old growth Western Hemlock forests in search of those amazing animals! Watch out for other wildlife like the west coast bald eagle as well!